Weight-Loss Tracker

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wedding Dress Failure

So, months ago I bought a wedding dress online (non-return/refund-able).
It was supposed to fit.

It didn't.

I bought this maybe in August-ish? So I had plenty of time to buckle down and lose some weight to fit it. Maybe 20 pounds or so.

Guess what? I didn't go on a diet.

So I'm getting married in a week and a half and my dress is nowhere near fitting. I took it to be altered today and we're having to have the back as a lace-up in order for it to fit. LAME.

I'm just mad at myself because I could have avoided this extra annoyance and cost.

I have some sort of problem with success/failure. It was basically like I was intentionally sabotaging myself. WTF? I think that deep down, I'll never be where I want to be, so I've already given up before I've tried. I also think that losing weight means losing what I hide behind. I guess I blame many things on my weight/appearance and if I can't do that anymore---what will I do? I don't like where I am, but it's hard to change.

I want to change. Why must I go on this same ride over and over again?

I want to do better. I hope I can do better.

1 comment:

  1. It is ok. You will be beautiful and yor dress will be perfect!! Relax, if you can, and be excited about your big day. Try to stay healthy...get enough protein and veggies (protein will TOTALLY help the chocolate cravings...promise)....and...truly...be kind to yourself and enjoy the next week and a half as much as possible. I am excited for you. I think of you whenever I watch "say yes to the dress". :)

    ReplyDelete