Weight-Loss Tracker

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gym & Weighing In

Well I finally went back to the gym this morning, after a week of being sick. I was suprised that I wasn't as tired as I thought I'd be. I definitely didn't want to get out of bed, but I did. (Why did one dog whine at 2:30 am and the other growl? I have no idea.)

I haven't been posting anything about weight because we have a crappy scale that wasn't the most accurate. That has changed however! Today I went and bought this--the iGym body fat scale. It records different profiles, and measures your weight, body fat, water, and muscle percentages and also suggests the amount of calories you should eat per day. (Not so sure about that last one, to maintain my weight? To lose? I'll look further into it). I set up my profile and got everything ready for my first official weigh-in tomorrow. Woo!

Fiance wanted a pedometer. He picked out this one--OMRON Hip pedomter. It has good ratings on Amazon. It measures your total steps, the steps that are considered "moderate" (enough to be considered exercise) and even tracks calories.

I was interested in a heart rate monitor and got this one--a pink MIO. However after setting it up I realized that it was too much trouble for me. I liked that it tracked my HR and calories, etc but it requires that I actually count my calories to see how I did. And, you know, I'm just too lazy for that. Plus, the watch is a bit bulky for my tastes. I think I'll take it back and get the same pedometer as Fiance, since it tracks steps, distance and calories for me. I can then record this on my Daily Report.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys are all tech-ed out and ready for speed...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we need something to be excited about :)

    The scale is really great though--and it's a good deal at $30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i purchased this scale also from Academy Sports. Im not quite sure the body fat % counter works correctly though.. It was showing m as 24.4% which is too high for me im sure.. I dont think it has a way of determining if weight i from fat or muscle.. it just goes on statistics for age, height and weight.. Just my input..

    ReplyDelete