Weight-Loss Tracker

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Farmer's Market

Fiance and I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday and picked up some neat things! We got some fresh cucumbers, salsa, apple butter, orient pears (delish!) and the "crown jewel"....


A GIANT CARROT.


Seriously. It is that big. That sucker weighed one pound all on its own. The lady that sold it to us said that carrots can get that big, if you use the right variety and let it stay in the ground long enough. She also said they're sweet. Needless to say, this is going to make a lot of carrot sticks for snacks. :)
We're going to try to buy as local and natural as we can, in terms of our food. The food industry is tricky, and you really need to read labels to know what you're eating.
Fiance and I are also testing out making our own breads and dough. I'll make a separate post for that. So far, I've made: whole-wheat biscuits, whole-wheat pizza crust, and I've got whole-wheat bread baking (crossing my fingers!).

3 comments:

  1. I love me some big, sweet carrots :)

    I can't wait to hear about your break making. We ended up buying a bread maker awhile back and just haven't figured out the best bread to make in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one monster carrot! I think I'd have to make carrot muffins out of that baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever made home-made carrot muffins/cake! I'll have to try that someday. We'll probably just cut it up for snacks.

    ReplyDelete