Weight-Loss Tracker

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Introductions

I've seen many people write blogs to help them with their goals and so I figured I would try one out as well.

Some Stats:

I am a 25 year old female.
I am about 5' 4".
I weigh about 260-ish and want to lose about 80 pounds.

I might add some measurements later, for tracking.

Perhaps I will add pictures later.
----------

I think most people, when they think about themselves and how they look, always imagine themselves fatter (or bigger) than what they really are. I seem to have the reverse. I imagine myself as smaller than I actually am. Of course, this causes a bit of dissonance when I see images of myself (photos/video, etc). I think, "Holy CRAP! I'm not that big! It must have been a bad angle..." But, unfortunately, I am that big. My fiance took some video of me the other day and it was horrible to look at. All I saw was my fat face. I couldn't help but think of the weight I've gained in the last few years. A few weeks ago I stumbled across a picture of myself from 4-5 years ago and could see the difference in my face. And believe me, I've always been overweight. You always think to yourself, "I can't possibly get any bigger." and then BAM! You are. You are at your biggest. And then a year later, a new "biggest" and so on and so forth until you realized you've gained 80 pounds since high school. WTF.

I'm trying to change. It's really hard. Luckily, my fiance is all excited about losing weight (he wants to as well) and is helping me stay motivated and going to the gym.

If things go as planned, I will post a new blog everyday, at least detailing what I ate, if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment