Weight-Loss Tracker

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sweet delectable temptation

So today, the office is having our Thanksgiving Lunch. So they'll be the usual fare: turkey, ham, potatoes, salad, cornbread, etc. I do plan on eating this lunch, but I plan on just not eating as much as I would any other Turkey Day. After all, the turkey isn't the bad stuff--it's all the sides!

However, that lunch is not my temptation. My temptation are the home-made cinnamon rolls that are hanging out in the break room. They look so delicious! And I love cinnamon rolls. Home-made!!!!!!

So, instead of eating the cinnamon roll, I decided to eat my yogurt instead (Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Cherry Cobbler--delish!). I really don't want to cave in and eat one, as I'll be eating the Turkey Feast for lunch.

So far so good! Lunch will be here in about two hours so I think I can handle it. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Stick to the meat and veggies on the t-day meal and you will do great! Good job on the yogurt instead of rolls. (it sounds like a biggest loser product plug....LOL) The technique I use that usually has worked is to look at the "bad" food and tell myself "oh, that is not my food". It sounds like you are mastering that! Hang in there and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My strategy when that happens? I just keep telling myself I would NEVER have known they were there if I hadn't gone in to get coffee. I came in for coffee, I will leave with coffee.

    ReplyDelete