Weight-Loss Tracker

Friday, November 6, 2009

Review: Official Food, Inc. Movie


Official Food, Inc. Movie Site - Hungry For Change?






I watched this last night with Fiance.

I would recommend it to anyone concerned with how their food is produced. In fact, I would just recommend it in general since people often DO NOT know where their food comes from (I am part of that group).

It was amazing to see how large multi-national corporations have changed how we eat for their own profit, at the expense of our health, and the environment.
It was also disconcerting to see that most of our food does not come from farms (unlike what the labels imply). Chickens never see the light of day and animals do not roam free. E-coli gets in our food from feeding animals corn (since it's 'cheaper'), as opposed to grass, like nature intended. Instead of feeding them grass to get rid of the e-coli, we put an "ammonia-washed" hamburger filler in the patties to counter-act the e-coli. GROSS. I do not know any other way of describing it....

It was very eye-opening and Fiance and I are going to try and buy local as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment