Weight-Loss Tracker

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Food Review: Soy Yogurt



The other day my fiance and I went to a semi-health food store to look around and see what they have to offer. I spoke earlier about making my own trail mix and granola and we bought all of our ingredients at this store in bulk containers (mostly fruits/nuts/seeds). Well, we also decided to try new yogurts. We each got a Soy yogurt. He got blueberry, I got black cherry. Yesterday he told me his was "disgusting" and "sour-tasting." I opened mine with trepidation today. I was suprised. Mine tasted sweet. It was not disgusting. In fact, it was quite palatable. You could taste that it wasn't "normal" (ie was made from soy) but it was a unique flavor that wasn't bad. I enjoyed my yogurt and happily ate it with the granola we made. The yogurt was not fat free (@ 2 grams) and had around 150 calories. So it's pretty comporable to other yogurts.

Not pictured was another brand I tried called Brown Cow. I tried the Boysenberry and found it to be quite delicious.

I'll keep you posted as I try more things.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for signing up to join my blog! I started my weight loss jounrey just three months ago, so I know how daunting this process can seem. Doing my online journal has REALLY healped though - the support is amazing - so you are definitely on the right track. I don't know if you are looking to have people tag along on this blog as you walk your path, but if you are I would suggest commenting on other sites... a lot of the time, bloggers seem to link to newcomers to check them out.

    Regarding this post, I haven't yet tried any soy yogurt, but I have switched to soy steamed milk whenever I buy that tasty treat. I never knew that it would be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on what 266 said. She is a wonderfully supportive blogger herself!

    I am happy to be your 1st follower! Let me know if you have any questions or anything.

    Not sure if I would like the yogurt. I tried Silk milk and did not like it but I like soy beans and other soy products

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! I would love for people to follow along. I just added some blogs yesterday that seemed interesting before I left for class. I'll get to commenting soon!

    ReplyDelete